Sports Round Table

LiAngelo Ball pulled out of UCLA by LaVar Ball, will start training for 2018 NBA Draft

LiAngelo Ball will not return to the UCLA men’s basketball team or to UCLA as a student, LaVar Ball confirmed to ESPN on Monday. Ball had been suspended indefinitely from the team after he and two other teammates were accused of shoplifting while overseas in China.

“We are exploring other options with (LiAngelo),” LaVar Ball told ESPN. “He’s out of there.”

LaVar Ball said his son will start training for June’s NBA draft:

TMZ Sports first reported the news that his father LaVar Ball is “removing him” from school, although it’s not clear to what degree the 19-year-old LiAngelo had a say in the situation. LaVar Ball reportedly believes that the suspension was unfair because the charges against LiAngelo and teammates Cody Riley and Jalen Hands were ultimately dropped after two weeks under house arrest.

LiAngelo Ball had missed all eight games so far this season that the UCLA Bruins had played.

Other options for Ball might include the NBA G-League or, if approved, a transfer. However, the 6’5 shooter has always been seen as the weakest prospect of the three brothers.

Lonzo Ball completed his freshman year at UCLA last season, but it may not end up working out for LiAngelo or LaMelo. After all, there are already questions about LaMelo Ball’s potential eligibility at UCLA due to his signature shoes.

All three Ball brothers had been committed to attending UCLA. While Lonzo Ball was there, he excelled, but he may end up being the only one.

Credit: SB Nation

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *